Are you looking for a unique opportunity to assist a nonprofit in your community? Have you been yearning to put your talent and abilities to work in the service of a great cause?
If you answered yes, look no further! If you are committed to keeping children and families safe, and ending family homelessness we are looking for you!
Family Promise of Carbon County a 501(c)(3) nonprofit is looking for leaders like you to join our board of trustees, for over 10 years, our volunteer board has been the strategic heart of our organization, ensuring that in our work for children and families experiencing homelessness, we deliver results, respond to changes in our community, and deliver services with the highest ethical standards to be worthy of our communities support.
We are a grass roots solution to provide shelter, meals and comprehensive assistance to families experiencing homelessness. The Family Promise Model is a collaborative effort that involves volunteers, congregations, community, and local organizations who provide host sites and support to families experiencing homelessness. Family Promise of Carbon County was founded in 2009 and A Board of Trustees currently comprising nine members is actively involved and oversees program operations and fundraising.
If you are one or more of the following, we’d like to talk to you:
- Energetic and entrepreneurial business people, who are not already overextended with other commitments, eager to put your passion for helping children and families experiencing homelessness to work for our community.
- Community leaders and philanthropists willing to engage their peers to end family homelessness.
- Leaders at community agencies — parenting, education, criminal justice, child and youth services — interested in building strong programs with us.
- Health care professionals – pediatricians, public health, health associations – dedicated to helping children and families.
- Community members / parents / grandparents and others who have a demonstrated talent, joy and energy in chairing successful fundraising events and promotions.
We are looking for individuals who will:
- Attend four board meetings annually
- Commit to a three year board term
- Actively serve on one of our committees: Finance, Fundraising, Personnel, and Public Relations
- Advocate for our needs in the community and among your colleagues and peers
- Be always curious to learn more about the field of homelessness and nonprofit governance
- Make a personal, charitable contribution to FPCC, to the best of their ability
If you are interested in being considered for our board, please contact our executive director at: Director@familypromisecarboncounty.org